July 27, 2010 Leave a comment
Purple haze all in my brain…
Today’s burger is a carved eggplant design. Did you know that, while typically used as a vegetable, the eggplant is actually classified as a berry? Check out this recipe for an actual Eggplant Burger from Allrecipies.com.
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced into 3/4 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- Place the eggplant slices on a plate, and cook in the microwave for about 5 minutes, or until the centers are cooked.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggplant slices until lightly toasted on each side, and place one slice of cheese onto each one. Cook until cheese has melted, and remove from the skillet.
- Place eggplant on hamburger buns, and allow each person to top with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles, and dress with ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard.
Simple enough and a decent substitute for when you might need a burger hiatus (blasphemy!). ()